Join the Shire of Calanais Nuadh for
Autumn Arrows XXXI: The Battle of Hastings
Friday, Oct. 13 - Sunday, Oct. 15, 2023
Pulaski County Shrine Club Campground
26920 Shrine Rd.
Laquey, MO 65534
Site opens 5 p.m. Friday and closes noon Sunday
- Adult Event Registration - $20
- Adult Member Event Discount Registration - $15
- Youth (6-17) - $5
- Child (5 and under) - Free
- Feast - $15 per seat, limited to 50 people
Cash or checks only. Please make checks payable to "SCA, Inc - Shire of Calanais Nuadh"
Pre-registration is not available for this event.
There is abundant tent camping space on flat ground, with permanent restrooms ("flushies") and showers, all wheelchair-accessible. Electrical access is not available. There is no indoor crash space, but several open-sided permanent pavilions are available to shelter under. Pet dogs on leash are welcome. This is a "wet" site.
Merchants are welcome! There is no additional fee, but please provide your own tables and sunshades, if desired. Please contact the Merchant Wrangler for further details.
- Archery and thrown weapons all day on Saturday! The Branch Champion shoot will be held in the late afternoon.
- Arts & Sciences Competition: "Battle," "Saxon" or "Norman" in any medium. Voting by populace choice.
- Creative Writing Competition: Fiction or poetry in a period style. Any topic, though a nod to the event theme will be appreciated.
- Research Paper Competition: No longer than five pages, double spaced, not including bibliography. Any period topic, though a nod to the event theme will be appreciate).
- Performance Bardic Competition (during the lunch break): Any period topic, though a nod to the event theme will be appreciated.
Writing and Bardic will be judged by HL Dulcibella. Guest judges greeted with open arms. Just email Dulcibella to volunteer.
- An auction is planned, and donations of items are very welcome and appreciated.
The Dancing Moon Inn will be open at midday, with payment by donation.
A feast ($15 per seat) will be served in the evening. Please contact Mistress Roselyn (see contact information below) if you have questions or special dietary requests.
On I-44 just west of Waynesville, MO, take Exit 153 and turn south onto Hwy 17. Travel south on Hwy 17 for slightly more than one mile and watch for Shrine Club sign and SCA sign indicating a left turn onto Shrine Rd. (aka NN-333). After turning, follow the road as it goes through the parking lot and curves around the main club building, leading to the campground behind it.
HL James Inn Danski (mka James Thorsen) firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 528-7585
Mistress Roselyn of Aberdeen (mka Rose Blair) email@example.com or (573) 308-5207
Lord Gaston de Lurs. For questions or special dietary requests, please contact Mistress Roselyn (see contact info above).
HL Dulcibella de Chateaurien (mka Lucy Zahnle) firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 318-0015